Who is Time for Kids?
Time for Kids is a not-for-profit organisation, funded through donations. We strive to create opportunities for children to have new experiences, relationships and role models. We do this by providing volunteer care, connecting families and building community support.
What is the Christmas Giving Tree?
Many of the families in our program are experiencing hardship, and Christmas can add extra financial strain and social pressures. That’s why we make sure that every child in our program, along with their siblings, receives at least one Christmas present. This helps families to come together and participate in Christmas celebrations and to help children and young people experience the excitement of Christmas.
How can I help?
The Christmas Giving Tree relies on your generous donations. We accept gifts, financial contributions, and volunteer time to assist with present wrapping.
Donate a Gift
Buy one of our recommended gifts and drop it off unwrapped by 5 pm on Wednesday 16 December.
Drop off points are:
- Our City office – First Floor, 191 Flinders Street, Adelaide
- Our Hindmarsh office – 49a Orsmond St, Hindmarsh
There is easy parking at the front of both of these locations. See our Giftspiration below for recommended gifts.
We are accepting financial donations as part of our Christmas Giving Tree appeal. Your donation can help us realise our goal of $100,000 this financial year.
Donate Your Time
We are wrapping gifts on Thursday 17 and Friday 18 December.
If you can spare a few hours of your day, we would love to have your help.
There are limited car parks available on site which fill up quickly. There is also some on-street parking nearby, and the Entertainment Centre car park.
Bus: Catch the 150, 153, 155, 156 or 157 from North Terrace in the city service the area. Get off at bus stop number 7, on Port Road.
Train: Catch the Outer Harbor train and get off at Bowden.
Tram: Get the tram to the Adelaide Entertainment Centre.
We love gifts that get kids active, playful, curious or creative. Useful things also make great gift donations. We also encourage gifts which last for a long time, and kids can use over and over again.
Here are some great gift ideas:
- Art supplies (Faber Castell or Derwent pencils and texters, paints, glue, scissors, coloured paper)
- Sewing, beading, tie dying or embroidery sets
- Musical instruments (drums, harmonicas, ukuleles, ocarinas, kazoos and percussion instruments)
- Canvasses and sketch pads
- Origami paper and instructions
- Kids microscopes
- Books (joke, fact and world record books, picture books, kids novels, kids cook books)
- Science kits (volcano, solar, robotics, chemistry, crystal growing, bug or plant collecting)
- Kid-sized cooking equipment (kids sized metal pots, measuring cups, spatulas, cake tins etc.)
- Magic tricks
- Dress ups
- Meccano and Lego
- Toys (cars, trucks, dolls)
- Board games, card games, dice games or word games
- Camping stuff (tents, sleeping bags, torches)
- Dressing gowns, scarves, sun glasses, caps, backpacks
- USBs for school work
- Makeup, perfume, cologne, deodorant shower packs
- Drink bottles
- Speakers and headphones
- Hair driers, curlers and straighteners
- Vouchers (iTunes, JB Hifi, Rebel Sport etc.)
- Skate boards, rip-sticks, scooters
- Sports equipment (cricket sets, badminton sets, basketballs, tennis racket, grip ball sets)
- Beach equipment (boogie boards, beach towels, beach balls, snorkel sets)
- Skipping ropes, hula hoops and juggling balls
If these kinds of items are out of your price range, why not donate the money you can spend, and we will buy items we know the kids will love!
For more any further information, please get in touch with Nikki Hartman on email@example.com or 08 8245 8139.
Thank you as always for your generous support.
Relationships Australia South Australia and Time for Kids and wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
We proudly acknowledge the following supporters for their previous and current contributions:
Adrian and Melonie Crossing
Mr and Mrs Maurice Crotti
Mr and Mrs John Charlton
Mr and Mrs Max Daw
Mr and Mrs Michael Brock
Mr and Mrs Rodney Detmold
Mr and Mrs Roger Cook
Mr and Mrs Ross Adler
Mr and Mrs Stephen Young
Mr and Mrs Tim Hartley
Robert and Annabel Hill-Smith